Wednesday, October 7, 2009

In Honor Of... In Memory Of...

I am walking in honor of my dad's cousin Pam Matthews, who was diagnosed at a late state and is currently going through chemo and fighting the disease.

I am walking in honor of my mom's cousin's wife Penny Gentile, who was diagnosed in the same week as her sister, and they are both currently going through chemo and fighting the disease.

I am walking in memory of my mom's cousin Doreen Breton, who was diagnosed with breast cancer, went into remission and then re-diagnosed and died less than a year later. She was only 42 years old.

I am walking in memory of Maggie Ososki's aunt Barbara Barber, who was lost two years ago to breast cancer.

And I am walking in memory of Regina Ososki and Irene Kozikowski, for my friend EJ Ososki who lost both of his grandmothers to breast cancer.

Breast cancer has affected almost everyone I know. Thank you to everyone for your continued support on this journey that I have taken on. I hope we can continue to fight and I hope we will see the cures during our lifetime. We can't really afford not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment