Monday, June 22, 2009

Susan G Komen Breast Cancer 3-day

Every year Susan G. Komen for the Cure holds 60 mile, 3 day walks all over the country. This year I will be walking in Washington D.C. from October 9-11th. Breast cancer affects so many people, and this organization is one that is near and dear to my heart, and has done so much for the cause. One in eight women will be diagnosed during their lifetime with breast cancer. That's an incredibly scary statistic. That is why I will be taking the challenge of fundraising, creating awareness, and walking 60 miles for the cause.

My personal fundraising page:

Information about Susan G. Komen for the Cure:

Where your donations go to:

This first week of having signed up to do the 3-day and starting to walk has been really exciting! I'm really looking forward to going to DC in October for the whole 60 miles. I've walked about 8 miles this week over the course of a few days. Living right on the edge of downtown is so perfect for being able to walk to get dinner with a friend, go to an a cappella gig, or go to Bushnell Park. Thank you to everyone who has donated so far, it means so much to have your support. I'm looking forward to the coming months of walking and fundraising, and I'll keep you updated along the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment